Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Music to go with Nursery Lessons

The nursery is always in flex.  With children of that age, a few months or weeks can change the whole dynamics of the room.  Right now our group is very young and just learning to sit and listen.  But for a while we had a group that was really into listening and learning something new with each lesson.

I discovered that within the lessons in the Nursery Manual are cute little poems.  I felt like if I put a simple little tune to them, the children would enjoy them.  Music for toddlers is very simple.  Think about songs like Mary Had a Little Lamb or Ring Around the Rosy.  They only use a few notes because that is all that the youngest children are capable of singing.

So these songs are very simple melodies but the kids seemed to enjoy hearing them and I felt like I was reinforcing the gospel message they were learning.
















No comments:

Post a Comment