Saturday, January 25, 2014

2nd Article of Faith Song

This song has a bit of a calypso beat to it so I want the kids to all move to the music as we sing.  So I made egg shakers out of plastic Easter eggs - enough so that everyone will have two shakers; one for each hand.
I used some dried beans in the eggs.  Try rice, beans, anything you have around.  Then I used white duct tape to insure the eggs don't come apart.  Duct tape really holds well.  You can also buy it in cute patterns at Michaels or JoAnns.

Make enough eggs so that the teachers and leaders can join in.  The more the merrier!!



I will lead as we "sing and shake" this song.  Two shakes on the beat to the right and then to the left, repeated throughout the whole song.  I am going to end with the last two shakes up high in front of me and freeze on the last note!

I want to use this "frozen" time to ask the kids some questions to see if they understand what the second article of faith means.  So while they are frozen, I will ask ONE question.  As soon as it is answered, we will sing and shake our eggs again and then freeze on the last note for ANOTHER question.

We'll repeat this until I know they understand what they are singing.  By the time we are done, they will know the song!

The next time we sang the song, we still froze at the end but this time I used that opportunity to choose a child to come up and lead the song.  You can repeat several times because the kids all want a chance to lead the song.



No comments:

Post a Comment